Are you a brick and mortar business owner who wants to further expand your business to a whole new level? You might want to build a website and see its amazing sales benefits.
The majority of brick and mortar stores are now tapping the online market to expand their businesses. With the numerous benefits websites are bringing to the different types of businesses across the world, business merchants are now building their online stores or e-commerce websites.
The Bedding Stock story
“I can’t believe my eyes. I started crying in disbelief. (The Bedding Stock website) looks freaking great!”
- Joe Shingary, Bedding Stock owner
Bedding Stock is a mattress brand with 30 years of experience in memory foam mattress retail. With the intent to further expand its business, it partnered with Always Open Commerce(AOC), an Orlando ecommerce company. With AOC’s professional help, Bedding Stock was able to establish its online presence and build its e-commerce website.
AOC created Bedding Stock’s Magento e-commerce website a few years ago which has now accumulated $3.57+ million in total sales. At present, Bedding Stock has already produced 10,000+ satisfied online customers through its stylish, fully-responsive, and user-friendly website plus its regularly updated online store and marketplace listings.
Besides web management and maintenance, and marketplace listings, AOC is also responsible for Bedding Stock’s online marketing such as SEO, SMM, and content marketing.
The website advantage
If you look at the trends in technology, online ventures aren’t going anytime soon. So, focusing solely on the brick and mortar market may not be the wisest business decision. You can maximize your business’s full potential by teaming up your brick and mortar store with an e-commerce site.
You can’t just let this business opportunity pass. Here are only a few of the many advantages building an e-commerce website can bring your business:
- Greater chances of getting found by prospective customers. Most people are now turning to the Internet to search for different products and services. This is one of the compelling reasons why you should build your website. You must build your website to be found online by prospective customers.
- An unlimited national and worldwide reach. With a website to complement your brick and mortar business, your products or services will not only be limited to the area your physical store covers. With a website, your products and services can be viewed virtually 24/7 by anyone across the world.
- 24/7 shopping experience for customers worldwide. Brick and mortar stores are stuck with an 8 am-5 pm opening hours. However, if you do have a website, your customers can shop and pay for your products or services anytime and anywhere in the world at their preference and convenience.
- Low-cost business expansion. Expanding your business by building a website costs a whole lot cheaper than building another brick and mortar store. The monthly maintenance costs of a website can even cost less than your monthly physical store rental. An offline store + online store tandem is better.
- The chance to provide a multi-channel shopping experience. According to Think with Google, shoppers who buy from a business with both a physical store and an online shop have a 30% higher lifetime value than those shoppers who shop with solely one channel. Also, your online store traffic can drive leads to your physical store, and vice versa.
- A hub for all your social media accounts. Building a website is also like building a hub that glues all your social media profiles, blogs, contact information, business profile, customer feedback, etc. together. It can also serve as your business’s online presence that’s accessible for everyone to see.
Partnering your brick and mortar store with the power of the Internet can bring out the best in your business. Tapping your market through multi-channel selling is a smart way to help you rise above your competitors. Strategically integrate your brick and mortar store with an online store to experience the website advantage.
The making of a website
Now that you have discovered the different advantages of a website to your business, it’s time to find someone to help you build your professional website. To experience the different website advantages enumerated above, your website shouldn’t be just an ordinary website. Your site has to be professional, functional, responsive, and optimized.
Your first step in a successful multi-channel venture starts with choosing an e-commerce platform for your business. There are hundreds of e-commerce solutions available for you to choose from – an open source platform, a commercial out-of-the-box system, or a self-hosted website. One popular e-commerce solution among retailers is Magento.
Besides an e-commerce platform, here are other essential factors to consider in establishing your online presence and building your e-commerce website:
- A payment gateway. You need to find a merchant account or a system that will take care of the collection of your online payments and the whole checkout process.
- A digital marketing strategy. Marketing through the online world such as social media, email, and search engines is needed to drive traffic and leads to your site.
- An online bookkeeping. All your bills, transactions, expenses, etc. must be kept in only one storage to keep everything in place for easy tracking and bookkeeping.
You can now make your first step in venturing into the e-commerce world. To help you with your business move, get in touch with an e-commerce developer today.